DennyMike's Signature Pulled Pork
Write a review
- Fresh Pork Butt or Shoulder (7-8lb Average)
- French's Yellow Mustard (or similar)
- DennyMike's Sublime Swine (or any other DennyMike's Meat Rub)
MUSTARD PREP FOR PULLED PORK
- Take a fresh pork butt or shoulder, 7 to 8 lb average,
- rub lightly with prepared yellow mustard (French’s or store brand).
- Wipe off any excess and make sure to cover all areas of red or pink meat.
- Sprinkle liberally with DennyMike’s Sublime Swine rub (or choice of DennyMike’s rub/combination). Place in food safe plastic bag or container and refrigerate overnight, if possible.
- If advanced overnight prep is not possible, prep the meat 2 to 3 hours before cooking.
COOKING PROCESS FOR PULLED PORK
- Smoker or oven: Set to 225°. Three hours into cooking, spritz with apple juice and repeat hourly for the next 4 hours. Remove from oven or smoker and place on one sheet of 18” heavy duty tinfoil. Securely tent the foil around the meat to save juices.
- Crock Pot: Place pork into 6-8 quart crock pot. Cook for 10 hours on low. DennyMike recommends
- adding 1/2 a bottle of DennyMike’s Carolina-Style sauce at the start of cooking.
- Finishing for both methods: Internal temperature should be 190-200°. Allow to cool 30-45 minutes
- or until you can handle the pork without burning your hands. Remove all fat and add saved juices back into the pork. Break up pork so that it’s pulled or shredded to desired consistency.
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. http://www.dennymikes.com/