DennyMike's Tex-Talian BBQ Lasagna
Write a review
- 1 1/2 Lbs. ground pork, hamburger (or a combo of)
- ½ Cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. Cow Bell Hell Rub
- 1 Cup DennyMike’s Mequit-O Maddness or Sweet ‘n Spicy Sauce
- 1 (16 Ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 16 Ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ Tsp. salt
- ¼ Tbsp. black pepper
- 16 Ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 Ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 Ounces smoked gouda, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet sauté the chopped onion, ground meat and Cow Bell Hell rub.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, salt, black pepper.
- Mix until smooth. Put aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Put aside.
- Boil 6 quarts of water, add pinch of salt, and cook pasta to almost done. Rinse in cold water.
- Spoon enough sauce from your simmering pork mix to spread around bottom and sides of a 10”x14”x3” or closest sized baking pan you have and place one layer of lasagna on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread evenly over lasagna a nice layer of pork and sauce.
- Next spread a layer of ricotta mixture and sprinkle on mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering. Usually 3 or 4 layers depending on pan used. The goal is to use equal quantity of filling between each layer.
- On the top layer, top with remaining ricotta, thin layer of pulled pork and lightly sprinkling with cheese saving some cheese to top during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven; let sit for 15 minutes.
- Use more or less cheese as desired. Save some cheese to add to top during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. http://www.dennymikes.com/