Lara's Lazy Chicken
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Denny Mikes Sweet n' Spicy
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 whole red pepper, Cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 medium peeled, chopped carrots
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown raisins
- 1 apple diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Put carrots in microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and place carrots, onion, raisins, apple and pepper. Cook about 3-4 minutes or until somewhat soft. Remove and place in bowl.
- Heat remaining butter and either slice garlic, or use garlic press to ad garlic to skilled. Place chicken breast (cut into smaller pieces if desired)into skillet. Brown well on both sides.
- Add the carrot, onion, raisin and red pepper mixture to chicken. Add white wine. Turn on higher heat until wine thickens and evaporates somewhat.
- Add DennyMike's Sweet 'n Spicy sauce to mixture and stir. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and through. (5-10 minutes depending on size of chicken pieces).
- Serves 2 To adjust to 4, increase chicken portion.
- Credit: February, 2010 Recipe Winner • Lara Dea
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. http://www.dennymikes.com/