Sweet Smoked Salmon
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Dijon style mustard
- 1 Tbsp DM Fintastic rub
- 2 tsp restaurant grind black pepper
- 1–2 4 lb salmon filet(s), skin on
- Heat your smoker to 230º–250º, with green hickory, apple or the wood of your choice.
- Combine the brown sugar, DennyMike’s Fintastic rub, garlic and pepper. Blend well, set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the flesh side of the fillet with the Dijon mustard.
- Coat a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil with cooking spray, top with the fillet.
- Liberally coat the fillet with the Fintastic/sugar mixtue.
- Place in a preheated smoker and smoke 35 to 40 minutes or until the white protein shows on the top of the fillet. Be careful not to over cook the salmon.
By Chef Paul Kirk
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. http://www.dennymikes.com/