DennyMike's Shepherd's Pie
Write a review
- 5 lbs potatoes mashed (1 stick butter, 11/4 Cup milk, salt & pepper to taste)
- 2 1/2 lbs ground chuck or good quality ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Cowbell Hell out of which reserve 2 Tsp. for topping
- 2 16 oz. cans cream style corn
- 1 16 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Melt 1 TBSP butter in frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, add ground beef and 2 1/2 TBSP Cow Bell Hell, continue to brown meat until no red remains.
- When done, drain excess liquid and reserve 1/2 cup meat mixture to sprinkle on top.
- Place in a 10X14 baking pan.
- Mix corn together in bowl and spread evenly over meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes spread evenly with spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle the reserved meat mixture over top of potatoes; sprinkle reserved Cow Bell Hell evenly over top of Shepherd's Pie.
- Place in 375 degree oven on the middle rack and bake for 30-45 minutes (it should be bubbling).
- (With special thanks to my mother, Rita Sherman)
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. https://www.dennymikes.com/