Jerk Leg of Lamb
Write a review
- 1 Lamb leg, bone-in, 7-9 lbs.
- 7 or 8 Allspice berries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, rough chopped
- 1 Small onion, rough chopped.
- 4 or 5 Scotch bonnet peppers, rough chopped. (if you can't find, use combination of habaneros and some type of red pepper, such as cherry),
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ground thyme
- 3 Tbsp DennyMike's Pixie Dust Rub
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (and/or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Toast allspice and peppercorns in a pan over medium heat, until aromatic (around 2 minutes). Remove from heat and run through spice grinder.
- In a food processor or blender, add onion and peppers and process. Add remaining ingredients and blend into a thin paste.
- Slowly rinse lamb with 1/2 cup vodka and pat dry (removes any gamey taste). Make several slits in lamb and place in plastic bag, add marinade and seal. Refrigerate for at least a day.
- Remove from marinade and place on pit. Smoke over mix of pecan and apple wood for 8 to 10 hours, turning halfway through cooking time, until internal temp reaches 140 degrees. Let rest under foil tent for 15 minutes and carve.
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. https://www.dennymikes.com/