Key West Seasoned Fried Shrimp
Write a review
- 16-20 count headless fresh or thawed shrimp
- 2 cups of self rising flour
- 3 oz. Sublime Swine (Chick Magnet or a combination of both)
- Any beer of your choosing for liquid.
- Peel and devein 16-20 count headless shrimp, leaving tails attached.
- Use 1 cup of flour for dredging and 1 for mixing with seasoning and beer.
- Add beer to seasoned flour mix and whisk until well incorporated. Consistency should be thin like a crepe batter instead of like a pancake batter. If mix thickens too much while cooking, just add more beer!
- Dredge shrimp in plain flour, then into batter.
- Fry in any trans fat-free cooking oil at 350˚ until nicely browned (2-4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels or a paper plate and enjoy!
- Special thanks to Gary McHale for providing this recipe – Key West, FL.
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. https://www.dennymikes.com/