Simple Chicken Tacos (BBQ or Carolina-Style)
Write a review
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp. DennyMike’s Chick Magnet Rub
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 Cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Place chicken in one layer in skillet; season with Chick Magnet Rub.
- Pour tomatoes over chicken.
- Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning once.
- Remove chicken; save liquid in skillet.
- Cool and shred chicken; add to skillet with green onion; cook 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla.
- Top with shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomato and cheese.
- Add cilantro; fold and serve immediately.
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. https://www.dennymikes.com/