Sweet 'n Spicy Roast Pig
Write a review
- 15 lb suckling pig
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 cups DM Sublime Swine rub
- A head of garlic, all bulbs peeled
- 1 red apple
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups DM Sweet ‘n Spicy sauce
- Take suckling pig and place in a kitchen heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Add salt, pepper and apple cider vinegar.
- Tie up bag and place into a refrigerator for up to 24 hours turning over every 3 hours or as many times as possible.
- Remove pig from bag, tie its front legs and tie its rear legs.
- Place pig in the roasting pan, make a few slits on the skin (this will prevent cracking during the cooking process).
- Place butter and garlic cloves in slits. Place apple in mouth and cover ears, tail and snout with aluminum foil, then cover whole pig with DennyMike’s Sublime Swine rub.
- Place uncovered in refrigerator over night, at this point never touch the rub or have anything touching the rub for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° and place the suckling pig in oven uncovered and bake at 15 minutes per pound.
- Begin to baste after first hour, continue to baste every 30 minutes.
- Around the 3rd hour, add DennyMike’s Sweet ‘n Spicy sauce and continue to baste.
- Remove from oven and let set for around 30 minutes and serve.
By Chef Tony Clark
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. https://www.dennymikes.com/