Steamed Beer Blue Crabs
Write a review
- 6 Maryland #1’s live blue crabs
- 1 bottle Allagash Belgium Style
- White beer
- 1/2 cup DM Cow Bell Hell rub
- Large bowl of ice water
- Place the live blue crabs in the ice bath. NOTE: the ice bath should be very cold; this puts the crabs in a sleep mode.
- After about 10 minutes remove one crab at a time. Remove the backing and lungs, rinse lightly and continue until all crabs are clean.
- In a large steamer pot, add the Allagash Belgium style white beer and bring to a strong steam. Add one layer of crabs cover with half of DennyMike’s Cow Bell Hell rub then place lid
- on top of steamer.
- Cook crabs for 12 minutes, remove crabs, and reserve the liquid, serve.
- We like to have a little Denny Mike’s Cow Bell Hell BBQ Rub to have on my table, so when I’m cracking crabs, I dip in the beer then in the dry rub.
By Chef Tony Clark
DennyMike's'Cue Stuff Inc. https://www.dennymikes.com/